You might remember this:
When you start the game, the very first screen after the introduction by Professor Wilson is you, surrounding by the three starter Pokémons – Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur.
Unless you choose any on of these 3, there’s no way you can start your journey as no PokéStops or Gyms will be visible to you; no wild Pokémons will be seen near you. It’s only you and those three Pokémons to choose from.
But, talking about the popular anime lead character Ash, he owned a Pikachu and not any one of these 3 and it was his lead journey and Pikachu, the reasons why the Pokémon anime was and is still so popular.
So, how can you start Pokémon GO with Pikachu?
Although, there’s nothing to choose from, there’s still a way to start the game adventure with Pikachu.
Steps to start Pokémon GO with Pikachu:
- When given the option to choose from one of the three starter Pokémons, don’t select anyone.
- Instead, keep walking ahead. You’ll then leave those three behind the screen and move forward.
- Keep moving. You’ll see the three Pokémons appearing again.
- Again, keep moving. Keep moving unless you see a Pikachu along with these three Pokémons. It will be either the 4th or the 5th time after which you’ll spot a Pikachu along with the three starter Pokémons.
- Tap on Pikachu, and capture it with the PokéBall.
With this, you’ll now have Pikachu as the starter Pokémon in your Pokémon GO adventure.
Continue your adventure by catching other Pokémons, increasing experience points, battling gyms and explore this world of Pokémons!
Some important things that we can conclude from this is:
- Niantic follows the anime series. So, there may be still much more hidden secrets in this game!
- You can always try out new variations rather than following what’s being directed to you by the game. Who knows that may lead to some great secret discovery?
What is your experience having Pikachu as the starter Pokémon in Pokémon GO?